I made it!

General discussion area. A place to take a break and share your buggy world with others.
dirtbugs

I made it!

Post by dirtbugs »

It took me some time but it looks like I have the green light to join in on the forum fun. My original interest in the forum was to talk with the experts while trying to research some info on the Manx I bought for my wife last Mother's Day. I am unable to attach the pictures of the Manx, I will take some new ones and post later on. I was able to post one of my buggy in case anyone would like to see it, I have enjoyed seeing all the buggy pictures on this forum. Through my forum travels prior to getting the green light to post I was able to contact a fellow Nevada buggy enthusiast. 'Bob The Tow'd Dude' what a great man. I was able to meet Bob last weekend and we spent three hours talking in his driveway about everything. I look forward to making more new friends and plan on attending the next function, where ever that may be. There's no people like buggy people.
fubar

Post by fubar »

welcome aboard to the board! Nice buggy.
dirtbugs

Post by dirtbugs »

Thank You! It came from Newburg, OR. It was a friend of a friends buggy and I bought it for my wife (I allways use that to buy something I want "It's for you honey"). Anyway when it arrived I told my wife that I had better drive it for a while to make sure it was mechanically sound, four years later and i'm still driving it. So I bought her the Manx "It's for you honey". I also bought her a sandrail that she has yet to drive.
fubar

Post by fubar »

I like your thinking.....Perhaps I will get the wife a tubing bender for Christmas??
BuggyBob

Post by BuggyBob »

A big welcome to the forum. I lived in Winnemucca for a few years myself before moving to Reno. I know a few people out there with buggies. You might know them as well. email me at rhunter8037@sbcglobal.net Buggybob
mel hubbard

Post by mel hubbard »

[QUOTE="dirtbugs"]Thank You! It came from Newburg, OR. It was a friend of a friends buggy and I bought it for my wife (I allways use that to buy something I want "It's for you honey"). Anyway when it arrived I told my wife that I had better drive it for a while to make sure it was mechanically sound, four years later and i'm still driving it. So I bought her the Manx "It's for you honey". I also bought her a sandrail that she has yet to drive.[/QUOTE] Hi dirtbugs :hello: Hope you don't mind me saying, but you do seem to spoil your wife with far too many gifts IMHO. Its making me feel very mean indeed, to think that all I got my wife this year was a new Berrian chassis :o
dennis-and-cathy

Welcome

Post by dennis-and-cathy »

Wecome to the board, you know it gets bad when the wifes buys buggies :help: :hello:
dirtbugs

Post by dirtbugs »

[QUOTE="fubar"]I like your thinking.....Perhaps I will get the wife a tubing bender for Christmas??[/QUOTE] How about this.....you get your wife the bender, I'll get my wife the notcher and we'll get together and build something cool, for our wives of course. They will be so happy.
dirtbugs

Post by dirtbugs »

[QUOTE="mel hubbard"]Hi dirtbugs :hello: Hope you don't mind me saying, but you do seem to spoil your wife with far too many gifts IMHO. Its making me feel very mean indeed, to think that all I got my wife this year was a new Berrian chassis :o[/QUOTE] I think it is a mans duty to spoil his wife, I have been thinking that my wife is about due for a new fishing boat.
fubar

Post by fubar »

I have a 3 phase grit notcher already, perhaps you could get her a powdercoat oven and a spray boothe ?
dirtbugs

Post by dirtbugs »

[QUOTE="fubar"]I have a 3 phase grit notcher already, perhaps you could get her a powdercoat oven and a spray boothe ?[/QUOTE] I will try to find a really nice spray booth as I will probably have to sleep in it.