fuel pump?

General discussion area. A place to take a break and share your buggy world with others.
BrianK

Post by BrianK »

FWIW, I've ditched the facet pump and regulator and ordered a rotary pump from cb performance. 3.5 psi, high volume, no regulator necessary. Will post results when it gets here. In the mean time, my facet pump, with all of about 10 minutes of use, will be for sale for what... $25? I'll post it on samba once the new pump is here and I take this one off. I also have my last facet-style pump that was rebuilt, used for about an hour, then probably got clogged from gunk out of my old tank (the newer pump was used with a new tank and filter between the tank and pump, so it's clean as a whistle) - that old one is free & probably works well once cleaned. ...and complex one - thanks for the links. I had actually found the link to the regulator, but I don't see a place to buy it from there? ehh... the pump from cb performance cost about as much as a good regulator anyway... I'm satisfied with one less thing to pump gas through.
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

I run a "stock" mechanical fuel pump on my sandrail with 1915 with dual 40 Webers............lack of fuel has NEVER been an issue, even in the sand dunes.......I also run a "stock" 40HP VW pump on the '67 1500 single port in my MANX.....this pump is over 40 years old and performs flawlessly.....hard to beat" STOCK VW FACTORY PARTS" :2cents:
joemama

Post by joemama »

the stock vw pump increases in pumping ability as the engine speeds up, consequently, when just cranking over, it does not pump a lot, sometimes, if the car sits for a while and the carburetor bowl dries out, it takes a long time to fill the bowl enough to get the engine started and keep running. I run a mechanical stock pump in my 1914 with single 2 barrel Zenith, never a problem except when the bowl dries out. I am thinking of adding an electric to use only to fill the bowl, and as a back up. Dont need any expensive pressure regulator with the stock pump, and for reliabilty, I dont think you can beat it.
Complex One

Post by Complex One »

BrianK, You must not have been looking very hard. REDLINE WEBER 19630 Pacific Gateway Dr. Torrance, CA 90502 800-733-2277 Press Option 3 This information is listed on just about every page of the Redline Weber web site. If you ever need parts from them just call the number listed above. They have always been extremely helpful anytime I have ever needed them and the prices are not bad either. Products always shipped to me rather quickly and always as ordered.
BrianK

Post by BrianK »

[QUOTE="Complex One"]BrianK, You must not have been looking very hard. REDLINE WEBER 19630 Pacific Gateway Dr. Torrance, CA 90502 800-733-2277 Press Option 3[/QUOTE] Touche. ;) In my defence, I'll say that it doesn't say anywhere on the page "for orders, call...", it doesn't give a price anywhere (which to me means it's just a product info page - not a for sale page), and... I actually sent them an e-mail and got no response. I should have just called them, but FFS, they could make it a little more easy to buy their stuff.
Complex One

Post by Complex One »

BrianK, You are correct...Redline Weber could have made things a lot clearer about how to order product. Maybe even placed a Picture Icon or Radio Button somewhere on the top of the page or even maybe added a shopping cart to the site to make things a little easier. The only thing that I know is that Redline prefers to do the old fashion way of a one on one type of Business/Client interaction by speaking personally to each and every customer. I for one also like this type of interaction knowing that I can call a customer representitive directly and get answers to my questions from qualified and knowledgable individuals as opposed to just clicking and adding to my shoping cart and then checking out in the end and hope they got things right or that I didn't order the wrong parts for my specific applications. When it came to rejetting and modifying my dual Weber carbs on my Manxter, Redline was right there to advise me at each step and made sure that I got what I needed for my specific engine setup to correctly upgrade my carbs properly and for best results. I like that type of service and only wish more companies would be as concerned as they have always been with me so far. Redline even spent a lot of valuable time going over all the differences with me on the various types of carb air flow meters available and which they thought would work best for my application so I bought two of them because they were really good quality, accurate and didn't cost that much from them compaired to other sources. One gauge for each carb so I didn't have to keep moving one from side to side just to get things adjusted. Even made this much faster. They even advised me on how to go about performing the adjustments for best lean results. Most companies wouldn't have even bothered so if you ever need anything that Redline Weber has to offer just give them a call next time. I'm sure they will be willing to help even though they don't have a point and click shopping cart.