well, the time has come to disassemble

General discussion area. A place to take a break and share your buggy world with others.
Mvovr

Post by Mvovr »

Man I can't wait to see the flake. I am in the process of deciding on a flake color for mine. How long you think before we may get some photos? Not that I am in a hurry I still have wiring to figure out. UGH!!!
90volts

Post by 90volts »

last word was this friday. i think that was optimistic but i am counting on having it by at least the 28th.i'll get the pics up as soon as its done.
90volts

Post by 90volts »

and here it is the 23rd. another visit- some more promises. was supposed to be in base coat by them middle of last week. nope. hood was supposed to be done-nope (barely started). so , still trying to get it by the 28th i put a little pressure on about having them rewire it, which they don't want to do, if i don't have it this week. so the new and improved promise is that it will be painted by monday night. even if he has to 'stay late' to finish it. base , metallic, everything. then just some final sanding and i should have it by the end of the week. we'll see-again. i just can't believe it has taken almost 3 months to paint an 8 foot piece of fiberglass! this type of customer service seems to be the norm on everything and with everyone i have dealt with in the vw service/parts community thus far. is that normal? it sure is giving me a negative attitude.
Tom-Kathleen

Post by Tom-Kathleen »

I hate to say this, but "get used to it". I gave my car to a guy that does body work "part time" in Feb 03 with a promise it would be done in May 03 for the 1st VW shows. I got it back in September 03 and missed every show that season. He did do a good job, and in the end it was worth it. He offered to reduce the price because of the lateness, but I knew he put more work into it, so I gave him the full amount we had agreeded upon before he started. It took 2 week to get the car back together, so I was able to do a couple of cruize nights that year. Luckly we had the Manxter to work on during that time, so I wasn't completely bored. Tom
Tom & Kathleen Iacoboni
# 1030
Vernon, CT
1968 Meyers Manx, 1971 Manxter S, 1972 KickOut SS (WIP)
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

Sorry to hear that Mike. I only good thing about having to wait so long to get work done is that is inspires us to do the work ourselves next time. Thats why I started powdercoating. I do everything myself now. I havent painted a buggy yet or even a car for that matter but when the time comes, you can be sure I will do it myself. I sure hope you et your car back together by the end of May. I am looking forward to everyone getting together at the Bug-Out :cool: