Type 4

General discussion area. A place to take a break and share your buggy world with others.
DIESELDOOG

Type 4

Post by DIESELDOOG »

I am looking for a place that sells parts for a type 4 engine. I have a 2000cc.
allen pierce

Post by allen pierce »

Try these guys. Type 4: Secrets Revealed I remember reading an article in a new publication, maybe half a year ago about them. Their web site still works and I think they sell parts, too! Other than that, I know nothing, I know nothing (appologies to Sgt. Schultz).
monocoque

Rabys MASSIVE TYPE IV

Post by monocoque »

Try that in your search engine. I do not know the link however Jake has really pushed the type 4 Envelope.
jsturtlebuggy

Post by jsturtlebuggy »

Jake Raby advertises in Hot VW magazine and also has his own forum on Shop talk forums.com. It is Aircooled Technology. There is also the type4 forum. Lots of information on the type 4 engine. Also FAT Performance sell parts and builds type 4 engines. They build the engines for the Baja Challenge cars that will be running in the Baja 1000 next week. FAT is in Orange, California
Joseph
Manx Club #1095
Having fun with Buggies since 1970
Worked in VWs in shops since 1970
Jon

Type 4

Post by Jon »

Jake is really helpful. Aircooled Technology. Will help in any way. His type 4 store has everything you would need for the build up. Has engine kit in all ranges. He's building an engine for me right now, going to be 2270 cc. for my Manx. http://www.aircooledtechnology.com/Home_Page.htm