How many people have never been in a buggy?

General discussion area. A place to take a break and share your buggy world with others.
tpinthepack

How many people have never been in a buggy?

Post by tpinthepack »

I have still never driven or ridden in a fiberglass buggy. I drive my Single cab vw truck with the body in the back, but that is the extent of my buggy driving. I can't wait to drive this baby. Who else has never been behind the wheel of these wonderful vehicles? I don't care how it drives, I will love it.
Siggymanx33

Post by Siggymanx33 »

Tony, I have ridden in a buggy but I know how you feel. With my first buggy years ago, I had a long build process before I ever got behind the wheel. I had never been in a buggy and the ride did not disapoint. Even now, living in the northeast I do not get to drive all the time. To this day, whenever I go for a ride, I get the same smile and feeling. It really is that much fun mof a car.....
90volts

Post by 90volts »

how about who has never driven a vw other than a buggy? my buggy is my first encounter with a vw. i am guessing i am in the minority there.
cadman2005

Post by cadman2005 »

Image Tony As you can see from my member number I have been in the club for MANY years, I'm on my second buggy, My first left me before I was able to restore it (long, bad story) I am just finishing up this one I bought 7 years ago and have never driven it yet. I went on my first run last year in Julian and was lucky enough to bum a ride. That was the first time riding in a buggy, It was great, the squeaks, the bumps, the rough ride, Damn I loved it! You too should go to a run in your area, the people are great we all have buggies in common and love to talk about them, contact the person setting up the run to see if they can ask around to find someone you can ride along. You won't be sorry
tgodber

Post by tgodber »

I have sat in a friend's buggy but have never gone for a ride in one. We own a diesel Golf, diesel Jetta, gas Golf and our buggy project. I think I will be going down the road soon. If it isn't work, it's the weather that is holding me back. Image
desbuggy

Post by desbuggy »

Well, I don't know how to say this so it does not sound like bragging but my first time driving a buggy was on the Manxes to Margaritaville run in a borrowed buggy. I now have a buggy that I am working on. Maybe I will get to drive for a second time when I get it done. That run sold my wife on us getting one. What an easy sales job that experience proved to be.
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

I had never been in a buggy until I finished my Manx. My first real ride was on the beach. Man what a rush!! it was so much fun we took the van back home and picked up the camping gear so we could spend the night.This was also my first time driving a vehicle on the beach so it was kinda scary. This is a private beach and there is no help if we got stuck. we camped about 1 1/2 miles fron the nearest access.:D
fubar

Post by fubar »

We rode in buggies all the time when we were kids in San Diego. What was new was riding in a single cab VW transporter that had been shortened and had flames painted on it. This crazy painter that worked with my dad drove me to the taco hut in it one day. That thing stood out from the crowd.