Newport Beach Shop Pictures

General discussion area. A place to take a break and share your buggy world with others.
CairoManx

Newport Beach Shop Pictures

Post by CairoManx »

These were taken in Spring 1967 at B.F. Meyers & Co. in Newport Beach. Image Image Image
LIGreenManx

Post by LIGreenManx »

Oh wow I see mine it's the 3rd from the rear on the right side in the 2nd picture. Its great to see pictures like these.
Rick Leddon

Post by Rick Leddon »

Nelon Those are great photos. I wonder how the hoods stayed in place leaning against the wall. Rick
ralphdjeeper

Pictures of Meyers Manx Shop

Post by ralphdjeeper »

Nelon, thanks for sharing,those are great pictures brought back some fond memories, I have not seen them before,wished i had taken more pictures when i was there,also wished i had bought one when i could have had Bruce build me a Monocoque,or even one of the early ones,instead I waited 40 years,paid a lot more,missed a lot of fun,but making up for it now. thanks again.ralphdjeeper,aka crate/man.
CairoManx

Post by CairoManx »

I understand that when the Meyers Manx company assets were auctioned in the 70s, the mold for the monocoques was there and included in the auction. I also heard that if you requested, the company would have specially made a one off monocoque, even after they started making floorpan Manxes.
racetearoffs

Post by racetearoffs »

Cool pictures and cant see a sign of OSHA regulations anywhere ahh the good old days .