forgotten east coast show Carlisile PA

General discussion area. A place to take a break and share your buggy world with others.
LIGreenManx

forgotten east coast show Carlisile PA

Post by LIGreenManx »

I was waiting to see if there was going to be any talk that Bruce and Winnie were at the Kit Car Show in Carlisile PA with the new kick out the only talk is how upset people got that the pics showed up on The samba first. Over dinner one night we were talking about the club and that there is bearly anything in this club involing the Manx owers on the east coast. I know now i will be told we can have chapters now bla bla bla. there was nothing before the change over anyway.This proves my point of what was discussed over dinner i can't even find any pictures of the show on here. There were people there who were members to and expressed the same thing. :(
LIGreenManx

Post by LIGreenManx »

These i have seen and they are good threads about the kick out ONLY. and alot of it is what i said above is about how the pictures went up on The Samba first. There was alot more then the kick out there as in most shows you guys attend there was like 20 buggies a day there filling up a whole section. I don't want to start any drama it just bugging me a little This could of been a big show for the club out side of the VW world. So now i will go back to the corner and watch.
ralphdjeeper

Pictures taken at the Carlisile,Pa. show

Post by ralphdjeeper »

I would think it would be up to the Club member's,who were there,and took picture's,to take the time to post them on this site,then we would all get to comment back,and enjoy them,as we were not able to be there. only my two cent's worth.

Post by 1856 »

Green Manx We're on the West Coast ... I'd love to see this event did you take any pics? Mark
ralphdjeeper

Carlisile Pa. pictures

Post by ralphdjeeper »

No 1856, i was not there ,as i'm on the west coast also,here in Hesperia Ca. i was only hoping someone who was there would post pictures for the rest of us to see,and enjoy, will be waiting,and watching?
LIGreenManx

Post by LIGreenManx »

Thanks guys for the replys i will post a load of pictures later. and thanks for not ripping into me :)
Gene-C

Carlisle Report

Post by Gene-C »

[FONT=Calibri]LIGreenManx - [/FONT] [FONT=Calibri]Ron this is not meant for you. It is just my feeling about Carlisle.[/FONT] [FONT=Calibri][/FONT] [FONT=Calibri]I was at the Carlisle show. I did not know or realize that because I am a active MANX CLUB member [/FONT] [FONT=Calibri]I might be held responsible to file a detailed report with pictures on the Club website. I might ask, [/FONT] [FONT=Calibri]why if there were so many Club members at Carlisle, why didn’t some of those who have had their [/FONT] [FONT=Calibri]bent or broken noses from 'the samba' postings take it upon themselves to take the pictures and [/FONT] [FONT=Calibri]write a short piece about the Carlisle show.[/FONT] [FONT=Calibri][/FONT] [FONT=Calibri]I thought that the Carlisle show was a typical car show placed in a 4H fairground facility. Very clean [/FONT] [FONT=Calibri]& neat grounds. The show workers, & vendors were also the friendliest people I have met in a while.[/FONT] [FONT=Calibri]When I walked into the building that Bruce & Winnie were showing the new ‘KickOut’ in I could not [/FONT] [FONT=Calibri]believe all of the kit car cobras that were on display. OH well, you see 1 cobra kit and I think you [/FONT] [FONT=Calibri]have seen them all. Not much diversification in that group. There were a couple of speedster replicas [/FONT] [FONT=Calibri]also. My real reason for driving 12 hours each way was to see the ‘KickOut’. I had been to Valley Center [/FONT] [FONT=Calibri]and enjoyed a chance to see the mockups and other items that Bruce was working on in late March. I [/FONT] [FONT=Calibri]was very curious as to what it was all going to look like put together. Most impressed is an understatement. [/FONT] [FONT=Calibri]Bruce has come up with a unique ‘mix N match’ format. This should allow each builder wide latitude [/FONT] [FONT=Calibri]in their execution of the assembly. Additionally, some of the optional items are said to fit the older [/FONT] [FONT=Calibri]short wheelbase Manx buggies. [/FONT] [FONT=Calibri][/FONT] [FONT=Calibri]When we got to the motel around 9:00pm, I got out the laptop and found a riot on the internet. Seems [/FONT] [FONT=Calibri]that once again a posting that included color pictures of the new model had not been posted on the MANX [/FONT] [FONT=Calibri]CLUB website. Whoever it was that had posted the information on ‘the Samba’ site had gotten there early [/FONT] [FONT=Calibri]on Friday evening. Very nice pictures, along with a good writeup. [/FONT] [FONT=Calibri][/FONT] [FONT=Calibri]When we woke up on Sunday, we were so excited about a 12 hour drive that we didn’t even go back to the [/FONT] [FONT=Calibri]fairgrounds. We had breakfast, and climbed back on the west-bound interstate toward Illinois.[/FONT] [FONT=Calibri][/FONT] [FONT=Calibri]All in all I found out what I needed to know from Bruce & Winnie, listened to Bruce’s seminar, walked [/FONT] [FONT=Calibri]thru the swap area. If you need to see pictures of the red ‘KickOut’ build up go to the thread on the MANX [/FONT] [FONT=Calibri]CLUB website. If you are an active MANX CLUB member, you should receive the next issue of the club [/FONT] [FONT=Calibri]newsletter in the mail in the next 7 to 10 days. Please read it and enjoy. Several members have put a lot [/FONT] [FONT=Calibri]of effort into this issue. [/FONT] [FONT=Calibri]Also, remember that this buggy stuff is supposed to be FUN, FUN, FUN. If you do not enjoy the hobby, [/FONT] [FONT=Calibri]then why are you in it? ------------------- Maybe we should all slow down a bit & smell the roses.[/FONT]
LIGreenManx

Post by LIGreenManx »

Joe well said. and thanks for not aiming that at me :) I posted pictures on my photobucket faster up load. I got as many shots of the buggies that were there untill my card filled up (dumb move on my part i didn't bring a empty card) I thought the show was good a lot less drama then at the VW shows more layed back. We camped and comsumed a fair amount of beer. the swap meet was ok i was able to find a nice set of seats for my build at a good price. I enjoyed meeting a lot of people I talk to online and put faces to the names. Bruce's talk was great this was the 1st time I met him he signed a plate to put on my car and had the chance to talk to him in detail about the kick out and finding out that the trunk lid and the new side pods will fit a classic Manx. I will see if i can get more pictures to post. Well heres the link to the pictures. http://s359.photobucket.com/albums/oo37 ... ow%202009/
ralphdjeeper

Again on picture's at Carlisile,Pa.

Post by ralphdjeeper »

Manxter10,first i went to your link to see your pictures,great,thank you for posting,look's like you had a great time, and please don't get me wrong, no one in the club is required to take pictures,or post a report on anything,we just enjoy them , when anyone share's ,we all enjoy seeing ,and reading them,thank's again, end of my report.