Bruce's interview on VolksCast Radio

General discussion area. A place to take a break and share your buggy world with others.
newmanx59

Bruce's interview on VolksCast Radio

Post by newmanx59 »

Today VolksCast Radio did an interview with Bruce. It's about an hour long and really worth listening to. http://www.volkscastradio.com/
Siggymanx33

Post by Siggymanx33 »

Thanks for the heads up......
markmark

Post by markmark »

That was an interesting interview.:cool:
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

:rock: waiting for Part II............... :eat:
mightymanx

Post by mightymanx »

I just finished listening to the interview and one thing stood out to me. That was the story of the Dr. and his son building a manx and keeping the son off of drugs. I got my first manx in 1971 after we had just moved and my father had taken a new position which required long hours. Even with the long hours he had time to help me work and play with the manx. He now lives in Fla. and has made several trips up here and always asks about the manx that I have now and wants to ride in it when he comes up. There is now a third generation and he has his license and also enjoys it. I guess there are other stories like this and the affect that the little cars have had on generations of enthusists.
ralphdjeeper

Bruce"s interview on VolksCast Radio

Post by ralphdjeeper »

Hi All just wanted to put in my 2 cents, I Just Loved it,enjoyed every word and You/All will TOO, go there,the link on to the station and spend a hour you will never forget. Thanks Bruce. P.S. I cant wait till next week for the Second Part. I for one will be dialing in. ralphdjeeper
90volts

Post by 90volts »

part 2 is up. This off the samba:
"I have put up part 1 and 2 of my interview with Bruce Meyers, Creator of the Meyers Manx go to http://www.volkscastradio.com and download them both. Bruce is a captivating interview. -Ray"
ralphdjeeper

Interview part two

Post by ralphdjeeper »

Hi all thanks 90volt, i tuned in and it was great,i realy enjoyed it, and thanks to Bruce for liveing such a interesting life and shairing it with us,can"t wait to get the book. ralphdjeeper
allen pierce

Saving the interview for listening at any time.

Post by allen pierce »

I didn?t look that hard, however, I didn?t see any archives on the volkscastradio web site, so I decided to figure out how to save the interview on my hard drive so I could listen to it at any time. Here are the steps I used? I followed the link above to the volkscastradio web site, clicked on ?VolksCast Radio", saw the link to the interview and did a RIGHT click on the link and choose ?Open in New Window?. The interview started playing. I did a ?Copy? of the ?Http? link at the top of this new window, looks like this -> http://richchristensen.com/radio/VOLKSC ... 806pt1.mp3 for part one and this http://richchristensen.com/radio/VOLKSC ... erspt2.mp3 for part two. I then closed the window with the interview and the audio stopped. I?ve got a PC that came bundled with Windows Media Player. I started up Windows Media Player and clicked on the ?Now Playing? button in the top left corner. Then I went to ?FILE? -> ?Add to Media Library? -> ?Add URL?. I then did a ?Paste? into the ?Open URL? dialog window?s ?Open? field and clicked "OK". The interview began playing again, but this time it?s in Windows Media Player. I could now do a "File" -> ?Save Media As??, then navigate to where I wanted to save it on my hard drive, give it a file name that I liked and ?SAVE? the interview so I can listen to it anytime I want. If you want to try it, I hope that it works the same for you. The steps might be similar using something other than Windows Media Player.
ROSSDC

Post by ROSSDC »

It is a great interview, one of the things I can relate to that Bruce said "It's really hard to make something simple, but it's very simple to make something complex." "It's easy to make it complicated and it's very complicated to make it easy." "There is more sophistication in the simplicity". I have itunes on my computer and used itunes by first going to www.volkscastradio.com and clicking on the itunes link button. With itunes you can copy it to your hard drive and burn it on a CD.
desbuggy

Post by desbuggy »

I am so simple that I don't know what "I Tunes" is or is it are. Simple is holding up a cassete recorder to the speaker. The words are important and the quality is secondary. Simple is in ones perspective and I tunes, text messaging, MP3, etc either costs extra or is not yet in my vocabulary. Yes, rotary phones still work even when the house power is out. Go buggies and GO BUCKEYES. PS. I really am smiling while writing this.
ROSSDC

Post by ROSSDC »

I am with you on that, all of these things that are suppose to make life better, just make it more complicated. I am probably one of the last people on earth that doesn't have a cell phone or cable/satellite TV. Itunes is a program you can download free at http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/ It allows you to have, play and burn CD?s of your music on your computer. The Volkscast Radio interview with Bruce is a free download on Itunes. You can also buy music at $0.99 per song, I like that because you don?t need to buy the entire CD to get the one song you want and I have found some old music that I don?t think you can find at the store.
desbuggy

Post by desbuggy »

I have heard of all the advantages of MP3 downloads etc but if you asked me the name of a song or a group or anything from the enterainment venue I would be lost. I would fail at " Who Wants to be a Millionaire". Now I can at least just pull out a CD and listen. Maybe one day, I will catch up with the rest of the world. What is cable TV? I just rotate my antenna on top of the set. When you figure the cost of cable, cell phone, eating out, GPS, satelite radio, movies etc. etc. You have the price of a new car payment every month. Now for the truth part. I do have a cell phone and a Westy, a rabbit, a Ghia conv. a beetle and a buggy. We all have our weaknesses.
TMc2548

Post by TMc2548 »

This interview is great. Thanks to Volkscast and Bruce!