Spare Tire Sump?

General discussion area. A place to take a break and share your buggy world with others.
sdmarkus

Spare Tire Sump?

Post by sdmarkus »

Hello Everyone, Long time listener, first time caller:) While I'd like to think my buggy is an actual meyers manx, I've never had it officially authenticated. Everything seems to be there other than the spare time sump, I'm not sure what one even looks like. Can anyone post a picture of what I should be looking for? Many thanks, Mark
Manx#102

Post by Manx#102 »

Hi Mark and welcome to the forum. I just got here myself not too long ago. Here is a picture of our early Manx "No Tag" cars spare tire sump. Sorry it has our truck type air-filter there. So you cannot see it all. But hopefully it gives you some idea of what and where they were. Later Manxes did not have these. But I will leave that part to the real Manx experts here.
manxdavid

Post by manxdavid »

[QUOTE="Manx#102;15313"] Later Manxes did not have these. But I will leave that part to the real Manx experts here.[/QUOTE] Welcome as well!!! The Manxes that didn't have the spare wheel moulding, the Manx 2 didn't have the battery moulding either. Post some photos if you like or if you can't sort it email them to manxdavid@yahoo.co.uk let us have a look. If it looks promising that it is a gennie Manx you can then approach Bruce and Winnie for a more deffinite answer. If it isn't you can have just as much fun if not more so in a copy so just enjoy it!!!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something." (Plato)
rzeller

Post by rzeller »

[quote="Manx#102;15313"]Hi Mark and welcome to the forum. I just got here myself not too long ago. Here is a picture of our early Manx "No Tag" cars spare tire sump. Sorry it has our truck type air-filter there. So you cannot see it all. But hopefully it gives you some idea of what and where they were. Later Manxes did not have these. But I will leave that part to the real Manx experts here.[/quote] Just as an FYI, here's another view looking down into the spare tire well. Image Bud
Bud Zeller
Wilmington, NC
Manx Club Member Since 2004 - #2475
Member of the Manx Club's Long Haul League - 2015
2018 NORRA Mexican 1000 - #1356 - Bad News Racing
2022 NORRA Mexican 1000 - #3347 - Bad News Racing & ACME Companies
2023 NORRA Mexican 1000 - #1356 - Bad News Racing
'68 Meyers Manx - M1996F826S
'66 VW Kombi Bus
'73 VW Thing
sdmarkus

Post by sdmarkus »

Thanks Gentlemen, Sounds like I should be looking underneath the passenger seat on the driver's side. Here's a few pics for you...
manxdavid

Post by manxdavid »

[QUOTE="sdmarkus;15392"]Thanks Gentlemen, Sounds like I should be looking underneath the passenger seat on the driver's side. Here's a few pics for you...[/QUOTE] The front and side look like a Manx or a straightforward copy, although someone's cut the hood off where the license plate mounts. Any more pics? Rear seat area and back maybe? Is the dash ABS plastic or fiberglass? It looks like its got the sparewheel moulding looking at the side view.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something." (Plato)
sdmarkus

Post by sdmarkus »

Thanks for the help David, here's a few more. I believe the dash is fiberglass, but I'll double check.