rear seat

Upcoming events and get-togethers. Where are we going next?
joemama

Post by joemama »

I have "Starboard" on my boat, and like the easy maintenance. There is a panel that I have to remove for engine maintenance,it is held in place by oval head sheet metalscrews, and after removing and installing 3 times, all the screws have pulled thru the Starboard. I dont think it has the same structural strength of plywood.
manxdavid

Post by manxdavid »

[QUOTE="mel hubbard"]Im trying to post two more pics of that buggy to ya Dave, but you know what im like on these things,,,it wont send,, maybe later. That orange is a popular choice,, you should start up the Tropicana buggy club UK Dave :laugh1:[/QUOTE] You know when you've been Tangoed!!!! :laugh1:
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something." (Plato)
newmanx59

Post by newmanx59 »

Mounting Starboard is supposed to be done with threaded inserts. Sheetmetal screws are probably the worse thing to use in Starboard, because of the tapered threads and the fact that they try to cut new threads each time they are installed. I have tapped holes in Starboard with a 1/4-20 tap and mounted a Lowrance unit to it in my friends 42' Fountain that gets removed and reinstalled every weekend during the summer and he has not had a problem in since I installed it 3 years ago. It was supposed to be a temporary thing until I installed threaded inserts, but why mess with a good thing.
Mvovr

Post by Mvovr »

As another option I used this type for my little ones. Keeps the hands off the tires. :eek:
MickeyUSA

Post by MickeyUSA »

A question on the Starboard issue. What thinkens would be best (strength, weight)? I would think that 3/8 would be fine.
CairoManx

Post by CairoManx »

I think it makes a difference if you have battery and spare wells or not. If your back seat is flat all the way across, 3/8" is definitely thick enough. However if it has to span the wells and there is just a narrow ledge of fiberglass for the seat to rest on, on the driver's side, I'd be worried about a big passenger stepping up on the tire, then onto the backseat and it bowing or splintering. I use 3/4" for the seat bottom but it might be overkill.
Mvovr

Post by Mvovr »

I used 3/4 plywood as well for the support under my seat. I still plan on adding strength with diamond plate once I get the roll cage built.
newmanx59

Post by newmanx59 »

I have used 3/8" ply on my Manx and I can sit on the rear seat with no issues. I think 3/8" Starboard would work fine.
Gene-C

Rear seat

Post by Gene-C »

I just want to tell everyone Thanks for your help. It was so helpful.
manxdavid

Post by manxdavid »

[QUOTE="notme123"]I just want to tell everyone Thanks for your help. It was so helpful.[/QUOTE] Once you start us off sometimes there's no stopping us... :laugh1:
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something." (Plato)
manxdavid

More pics of Mel H's mate's Sidewinder Buggy...

Post by manxdavid »

Image Image Awesome is a much overused word these days but I think it fits here!!! :2cents:
mel hubbard

Post by mel hubbard »

He saved ? on the screen, and set it in the cage. Dave I still have a very nice hologram flake over black S/winder here with your name on :D
manxdavid

Post by manxdavid »

[QUOTE="mel hubbard"] Dave I still have a very nice hologram flake over black S/winder here with your name on :D[/QUOTE] Sounds like you need a stall at Dubfreeze Mel and a Sat. night out in swinging Stafford!!! http://www.dubfreeze.co.uk/
mel hubbard

Post by mel hubbard »

[QUOTE="Manxdavid"]Sounds like you need a stall at Dubfreeze Mel and a Sat. night out in swinging Stafford!!! http://www.dubfreeze.co.uk/[/QUOTE] If the Kubelwagen is done by then I will go,,,and take both. Also its the Essex Hot Rod swap meet March 3rd,,, You going?? My buds hoping to take his 56 Chevy truck 454ci,, its a real beast,,monster fast n real REAL clean,, its orange too, with flames,,you will luv it :cool:
manxdavid

Post by manxdavid »

Yes, me 'n Pete are booked in for the Essex swapmeet. Same sh*t different year probably. Worth it to see some of the tatoo'ed 'teddy girls' though!!!