Looking for advice - engine dies under heavy load

General discussion area. A place to take a break and share your buggy world with others.
5150bossman

Post by 5150bossman »

Stewart, if those are the standard heat riser tubs and you don't figure out a way to use them, I'll buy them from you.
Reverb

Post by Reverb »

Bossman, do the riser tubes you`re looking for look like these? These have never been installed, and I don`t need them. Image
Stewart

Post by Stewart »

Bossman If I don't use them there yours if you still want them , But right now I still need to find out if I really need to use them ? Stewart
5150bossman

Post by 5150bossman »

Reverb, those look about right. When I had my new motor built, they were not included with the new carb manifold (which is set up to accept them). Figured that they would be the last thing I could add to dial in our Weber IDF 40. Stewart is close to me, so I can pick them up if they become availible. Sewart, not a problem. Figure out how to incorporate them as best you can. I can wait. Goodluck Mike :driving:
Gene-C

If the Carb is icing

Post by Gene-C »

Fabricate closed air cleaners and pipe warm / hot engine cooling air to them. This can also be done easily [ removeable in summer] but pulling air across the exhaust collector.