As much as I hate to say it......

When it's just not buggy related.
newmanx59

As much as I hate to say it......

Post by newmanx59 »

As much as I hate to say it, The board has really slowed down since it was reformatted. Not to mention the bashing of this board on other forums by people that were constantly participating in the discussions on the Manx forum.
rzeller

Post by rzeller »

[QUOTE="newmanx59"]As much as I hate to say it, The board has really slowed down since it was reformatted. Not to mention the bashing of this board on other forums by people that were constantly participating in the discussions on the Manx forum.[/QUOTE] Jerry, I know for me, it's taking me some time to get used to it and navigate around. Hopefully it'll pick up. Bud
Bud Zeller
Wilmington, NC
Manx Club Member Since 2004 - #2475
Member of the Manx Club's Long Haul League - 2015
2018 NORRA Mexican 1000 - #1356 - Bad News Racing
2022 NORRA Mexican 1000 - #3347 - Bad News Racing & ACME Companies
2023 NORRA Mexican 1000 - #1356 - Bad News Racing
'68 Meyers Manx - M1996F826S
'66 VW Kombi Bus
'73 VW Thing
fubar

Post by fubar »

I agree, it used to be way more interesting.
Mvovr

Post by Mvovr »

Change always seems to take time. Hopefully we will get everyone back on board.
michael cook

Post by michael cook »

this was the first site I always went too !!! now it seems dead I can see the need for money but not if it kills the site just my thoughts mike
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

This site was where I found all my info when building my first buggy. I will stay HERE. There is something to be said for loyalty.
vincent9993

One explanation could be...

Post by vincent9993 »

For me at leasst... [quote=Weather office]Freezing rain changing to rain early this morning then to a few flurries near noon. Wind west 30 km/h increasing to 60 gusting to 90 near noon. High 6 with temperature falling to minus 11 this afternoon. Freezing rain warning in effect Wind warning in effect Flash freeze warning in effect. [/quote] Need I say more, up here in Eastern Canada, these winter months are not prone to dune outings! Normally I would have taken all my spare time overhauling my ride but I'm still trying to figure out what happened to that so called spare time! lol. Change is hard, give it some time.
Vincent Parisien
MC Director - MC 2696
Long Haul League, '69 Kick-Out-S.S., '59 Berrien Nostalgia, '73 Manxter (in progress)
Trips
mel hubbard

Post by mel hubbard »

How Many Limeys still on here??? I know a lot of em are pissed off,,, but looking on the bright side i can talk about them behind their backs now :D
Siggymanx33

Post by Siggymanx33 »

Sucks....... I may just pick up the phone today and call Winnie and ask that she refund my next years membership fees that I paid a month early. As a staunch defender of all things Manx, I am now here to say, they really screwed the pooch with this one. It is almost laughable how bad of a business decision this was. To expect a person to pay a membership fee to give advice that people can view publicly is a little self assuming. For me to pay to set up a picture album that the public can view for free to promote the products that you sell is also against all business logic. Here it is........... "I officially fell off the bandwagon". Winnie, to make such an important move without consulting the members (customers) was a mistake. Do you have any idea of what goes on in here? Have you ever thought of logging in to explain this move? Did you really expect everyone that ever owned a Meyers Manx to start a line to pay $30? In this day and age where a 1970's era Meyers Manx keychain is listed on Ebay for $140.00....... don't you think theres a better way? With all do respect, you are now guilty of biting the hand that feeds you. Last year, my $30 granted me a access to this website and 1 Manx Mania? (being one of the many members outside of California, I can't make it to events) It is publicly advertised that the Manx Mania's will be delivered on a quarterly basis? Make all the excuses you want (we've heard them all), but that's deceptive advertising. Do you know that people are pissed about this? Do you realize that everyone that paid a membership fee could technically ask for their money back for failure to deliver a product that was advertised? I wrote it off telling myself that at least I had access to the website, I was contributing to the club and ultimately bettering the hobby. Then you decide to close off the website. You know what, keep the $30. It obviously means more to you than me. Perhaps some day when you are analyzing what went wrong, you will stumble on this post and figure out where I went too........ When all is said and done, it will be interesting what this does to the Legacy of Bruce Meyers. It could have absolutely no effect or The very people that worshiped Bruces products could feel so jaded by the Meyers Manx Corporations' lack of respect for their members that they simply don't care anymore. This past week I have seen people that were full fledge Meyers Manx afficianodos shake their heads (that's a cyber shake of the head) and question the person that brought them so much fun. If the cost of maintaining the website is to much, you should have just closed the forums altogether. Charging your supporters to share information with each other is just not how the world is working these days. Damn, I am wound up for a Friday.........I may end up deleting this post but for the time being, this is how I feel.
90volts

Post by 90volts »

on the upside. the samba is really hoppin now. its almost like it used to be here. instant answers , fun, lighthearted, friendly. but i do hope it gets changed back here and that returns here as well.

Rcb

Post by 1856 »

manxdavid

Post by manxdavid »

[QUOTE="mel hubbard"]How Many Limeys still on here??? I know a lot of em are pissed off,,, but looking on the bright side i can talk about them behind their backs now :D[/QUOTE] Meeow!!! Suacer of milk for Mr. Hubbard.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something." (Plato)
Siggymanx33

Post by Siggymanx33 »

Threads: 2,955, Posts: 22,478, Members: 1,117 Welcome to our newest member, Winnie Meyers FYI: If I thought there was a chance that Winnie was going to read my rant, I would have never used the terminology....."screw the pooch"
mel hubbard

Post by mel hubbard »

[QUOTE="Manxdavid"]Meeow!!! Suacer of milk for Mr. Hubbard.[/QUOTE] To be honest Dave, I can see why the guys are pissed off. But looking at it another way, it must also piss Bruce n Winnie off when non members offer, overpriced suspect (maybe fake) badges to their members on here for sale. The best way IMO is to let non members post on General Discussion,,,, veiw ONLY on for sale stuff,,, but not allowd to sell. And have a members only section for the Meeow!!! stuff :D
Siggymanx33

Post by Siggymanx33 »

Mel, I follow all of the posts and I am not familiar with the whole fake badge sale thing. I think many people brought up a lot of good ideas with regards to how it could work. (under the original anouncement) The way it is right now is clearly not the answer.