As much as I hate to say it......

When it's just not buggy related.
manxdavid

Post by manxdavid »

I do think non members posting did make for a more lively and interesting forum, but I just checked the bottom of the homepage though and there are 33 people on line as I type this. Maybe they're all just shy!!! I'm sure a lot of folks have have also joined the club after participating on the forums as non-members. I guess it's just a case of wait and see, I'm going to hang on in here though!!! :rock:
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something." (Plato)
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

It is almost laughable how bad of a business decision this was. To expect a person to pay a membership fee to give advice that people can view publicly is a little self assuming.
FYI- If you are not a Manx Club Member you cannot view the threads of the forums.
90volts

Post by 90volts »

ouch! thats even worse! i thought non - members could browse but not post.
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

[QUOTE="SiggyManx#33"]Sucks....... I may just pick up the phone today and call Winnie and ask that she refund my next years membership fees that I paid a month early. As a staunch defender of all things Manx, I am now here to say, they really screwed the pooch with this one. It is almost laughable how bad of a business decision this was. To expect a person to pay a membership fee to give advice that people can view publicly is a little self assuming. For me to pay to set up a picture album that the public can view for free to promote the products that you sell is also against all business logic. Here it is........... "I officially fell off the bandwagon". Winnie, to make such an important move without consulting the members (customers) was a mistake. Do you have any idea of what goes on in here? Have you ever thought of logging in to explain this move? Did you really expect everyone that ever owned a Meyers Manx to start a line to pay $30? In this day and age where a 1970's era Meyers Manx keychain is listed on Ebay for $140.00....... don't you think theres a better way? With all do respect, you are now guilty of biting the hand that feeds you. Last year, my $30 granted me a access to this website and 1 Manx Mania? (being one of the many members outside of California, I can't make it to events) It is publicly advertised that the Manx Mania's will be delivered on a quarterly basis? Make all the excuses you want (we've heard them all), but that's deceptive advertising. Do you know that people are pissed about this? Do you realize that everyone that paid a membership fee could technically ask for their money back for failure to deliver a product that was advertised? I wrote it off telling myself that at least I had access to the website, I was contributing to the club and ultimately bettering the hobby. Then you decide to close off the website. You know what, keep the $30. It obviously means more to you than me. Perhaps some day when you are analyzing what went wrong, you will stumble on this post and figure out where I went too........ When all is said and done, it will be interesting what this does to the Legacy of Bruce Meyers. It could have absolutely no effect or The very people that worshiped Bruces products could feel so jaded by the Meyers Manx Corporations' lack of respect for their members that they simply don't care anymore. This past week I have seen people that were full fledge Meyers Manx afficianodos shake their heads (that's a cyber shake of the head) and question the person that brought them so much fun. If the cost of maintaining the website is to much, you should have just closed the forums altogether. Charging your supporters to share information with each other is just not how the world is working these days. Damn, I am wound up for a Friday.........I may end up deleting this post but for the time being, this is how I feel.[/QUOTE] Dave...Why are you being such a whining, sniveling malcontent? Obviously, Winnie and Bruce have nothing but the best intentions for club members and although change is sometimes difficult to deal with for some, overall this will be a huge step for the club. Simply put Dave, if you don't like don't come here. Go over to that other place and whine and cry overthere. To make assertations using words like "laughable, screw the pooch, officially fell off the bandwagon" and more explains to a follower like me that you are only a bandwagonner... Your ranting tyriad is obviously "snow & ice" driven...you have nothing else to do but SCREAM and YELL while hiding behind a 19" computer monitor. Although many of the rest of us are enjoying the camaraderie of the board in our down time in between icy cold cerveza's...the temperature today was a mere 80 degrees here in San Felippy...perhaps some warm sun will warm your mean spirited heart. And if this forum would have closed...there is no doubt in my mind that you'd be the first to bad mouth Winnie & Bruce for closing the forum. Get real this is the year 2006 and it costs alot of cashola to operate business! Now...back to the beach and sunning my backside in your honor! LOL
90volts

Post by 90volts »

...said the newbie. so who are you ? a 'follower' like you? so you're saying you didn't just become a member then? all i see in the profile is that you're a 'lifetime manxter owner'. so you've had a manxter for what? a couple years now then? very impressive. sort of the lexus SUV owner trying to fit in with the bronco and blazer good old boys. and those are pretty strong words for a first post. and most definately starting off on the wrong foot. unless of course that is the 'change' that is expected here. then i'm sure you'll end up in here yelling at the bare walls.
Siggymanx33

Post by Siggymanx33 »

Dave...Why are you being such a whining, sniveling malcontent? Obviously, Winnie and Bruce have nothing but the best intentions for club members and although change is sometimes difficult to deal with for some, overall this will be a huge step for the club. Simply put Dave, if you don't like don't come here. Go over to that other place and whine and cry overthere. To make assertations using words like "laughable, screw the pooch, officially fell off the bandwagon" and more explains to a follower like me that you are only a bandwagonner... Your ranting tyriad is obviously "snow & ice" driven...you have nothing else to do but SCREAM and YELL while hiding behind a 19" computer monitor. Although many of the rest of us are enjoying the camaraderie of the board in our down time in between icy cold cerveza's...the temperature today was a mere 80 degrees here in San Felippy...perhaps some warm sun will warm your mean spirited heart. And if this forum would have closed...there is no doubt in my mind that you'd be the first to bad mouth Winnie & Bruce for closing the forum. Get real this is the year 2006 and it costs alot of cashola to operate business! Now...back to the beach and sunning my backside in your honor! LOL
Baja welcome to the new and improved Manx Club, Whining, sniveling, malcontent........ Screw you, last time I checked it's a free country. I can say what I want. I love it when a person needs to resort to name calling while trying to make a point Read some of my posts, this is the first bit of negativity that I ever brought to the board and your first post ever is going to get on me for it? With regards to my post being "snow and ice" driven.....it's 60 degrees here. Hiding behind a 19 inch screen?...... my name is on the bottom of everyone of my posts while you remain anonymous? Friends don't let friends drink and post. :drinking:
Gene-C

I'm surprised!

Post by Gene-C »

I'm surprised at some of the reactions from some of the people who are already members and I appreciate the support from others. Our decision to privitize really doesn't affect the paid member, except for maybe not chatting with others who are not paid members. We have been accused of being "greedy" "senseless" "harmful to the Company" etc. However privitizing was a decision primarily made because of you, our members. Your $30 annual membership goes to pay for all of the functions of the Club - the forums included. We wanted to be able to give you a better functioning forum where you could post pictures in the gallery as well. However, all of this is very costly - it doesn't come free and we felt that the people who are paying for it should be the people who get to use it. Initially, the forum was created for "members only" as the members from a distance don't always have the oportunity to come to our 3 Events each year. About a year ago, we switched from the Eazyboard system to the present system. At that time we added the public forum. Paying Manx Club members then complained that there was no point to the "members only" forum if there was also a public forum. I had to agree. I don't feel that the decision to privitize came out of "greed", but more of "fairness" to those who pay their dues. So we decided to improve the existing "members only" forum and shut down the public forums. I do understand the complaints about the tardy newsletters. There are no acceptable excuses, I agree. I have tried many avenues to correct this problem in past years to no avail, and only hope that we have finally come up with a solution to get it out in a more timely way in the future (The next issue should be going to print on Monday). I don't believe that I have ever cut off someone's membership (even after it expired) until they got their year's subscription. I try to be sensitive to this problem. There are those of you out there in cyberland who think that because of the "big" image Meyers Manx has, we are also a "big" company. Not so. At this point in time, we are a very "little" company with me, Winnie, who's responsibility is all of the Club functions and activities and all Meyers Manx sales (replacement parts & kit cars) - I'm not complaining, just reporting, and Bruce, who is responsible for all product developement. Last year was an exceptionally bad year for us financially, however this year is looking up and so are our hopes for more success. We don't have big advertisers who will "foot the bill" in order to have a totally open forum, so I hope that you can understand the reasoning for making it just for "members only". The forums were intended for members to be able to give and receive technical advise and have a way to contact each other about "outings", etc. As far as a place to express one's grievences about the Club, Bruce & I personally or the Company, I would prefer if you would phone (760) 749-6321 or e-mail me at manxclub@manxclub.cts.com as I rarely have the time to go to the forum. We truely do care about you and hope that you can understand our position as well.
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

WTG WINNIE!!!!:rock: !!!!
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

Well Said Winnie, I fully understand and I hope that when my subsciption is due, I will get a notice or online email to continue to be a member. I know that for health reasons I can never come to a California event but I still want to hear about em! And your right, keeping a webspace and stuff going takes a lot. I for one know it takes about $1000 for us to put one show one down here in Texas, and yet everytime we would set one up there were always a few who would question where the money went, what I spent it on, etc. While I don't understand all the workings of the website, I am learning how to do it. But to tell the truth, sometimes I can not even do our website down this way either. At any rae, things are slow down this way due to weather - not a lot of chatting going on either, course we all rebuild and work on or Buggies through our winters. And winter has come to Texas. We went from 85 yeterday high to a high of 38 today.............cant wait for spring next week! Neal :hello: member 1898 - Meyers Manx Club Texas Manx Club RBC "F1 Haawk"
newmanx59

Post by newmanx59 »

[QUOTE="Baja Manxter"]Dave...Why are you being such a whining, sniveling malcontent? Obviously, Winnie and Bruce have nothing but the best intentions for club members and although change is sometimes difficult to deal with for some, overall this will be a huge step for the club. Simply put Dave, if you don't like don't come here. Go over to that other place and whine and cry overthere. To make assertations using words like "laughable, screw the pooch, officially fell off the bandwagon" and more explains to a follower like me that you are only a bandwagonner... Your ranting tyriad is obviously "snow & ice" driven...you have nothing else to do but SCREAM and YELL while hiding behind a 19" computer monitor. Although many of the rest of us are enjoying the camaraderie of the board in our down time in between icy cold cerveza's...the temperature today was a mere 80 degrees here in San Felippy...perhaps some warm sun will warm your mean spirited heart. And if this forum would have closed...there is no doubt in my mind that you'd be the first to bad mouth Winnie & Bruce for closing the forum. Get real this is the year 2006 and it costs alot of cashola to operate business! Now...back to the beach and sunning my backside in your honor! LOL[/QUOTE] I really think this reply was uncalled for. :eek:
manxfwin

As much as I hate to say it

Post by manxfwin »

Motives and actions explained,well done Winnie........ :rock:
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

[QUOTE="newmanx59"]I really think this reply was uncalled for. :eek:[/QUOTE] Jerry, So you think my reply was uncalled for by its okay for your friend Dave to make these comments, ""laughable, screw the pooch, officially fell off the bandwagon?" Hmmmm???? Well Dave did say it best...it's a free country blah-blah-blah... Look I'm not here to create any enemies or stir the pot other than it was my opinion that Dave's comments about "change" were like crying, whining and so on...my opinion. As I found out...Dave's opinion is that its okay cuz it's a free country...All Good. Dave Sir...I've been around a very long time here in Manxter land...I simply changed names when I paid my registration fees. And...I never called you any names...just commented that you were whining... My name is Bob. Bob Johnson - Campo Percebu, San Felippy, Baja California. Come on down and watch the sunset over a few cold beers and we can solve the world's problems. Haven't seen a bad sunset in 18 years yet! Winnie, Thanks for your valuable time here on the forum...we love our play land! Always-Bob
Don Giovanoni

A little confused

Post by Don Giovanoni »

First off - I am not a SoCal resident, I live in the Midwest. I understand when people think they are not getting their moneys worth if they cannot attend Club events. BUT, I am excited about the recent changes. My membership dues will now buy me admittance to these forums and I believe that Manx Mania newsletters will be available here in PDF form. COOL. I visit all of the dunebuggy sites on a regular basis and appreciate them, but this site is now something special - for members only. I am willing to pay more for genuine Manx cars and accessories, I expect to pay to participate and support this forum and Club. Sounds a little snobbish, but any car club has dues and benefits. The $30/year is worth it to me. I hope that others feel this way.
Mvovr

Post by Mvovr »

Personally this is the only site for me. Far as I am concerned even if there are 2 left I will be here. The help I have recieved from everyone has been pricess. Certinaly more than worth the membership fees(which are little to none IMHO) Soon I will be starting the rebuild of my buggy from the ground up for the first time ever after my minor wreck. At that time I will need all you more than ever. :help: The names I see on here are the same names who have helped me over and over again. Thank you all especially the admin who dedicates his free time to this needed effort.:drinking: Oh 1 more thing as long as Winnie is reading this... Thanks to you and Bruce for creating such a wonderfull... fun as heck , cool little buggy!!!!!!!
flaboyjim

Post by flaboyjim »

I think that the experts are left here - we wont have to get advise from the 12 year old kids anymore - you know what I mean.... I really did not like getting flamed by a kid that is the same age as my grandkids... Winnie and Bruce - Yall are the CEOs - we put our faith in you to steer this ship into the 21st century... Lookin good so far.