Is there ANYONE from.....

General discussion area. A place to take a break and share your buggy world with others.
Gene-C

Is there ANYONE from.....

Post by Gene-C »

..............So. California STILL on these forums ????? :help:
Lee

Post by Lee »

I'm here! I contribute when I can, but there sure isn't a whole lot of activity here anymore!
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

The East Coast has hijacked this website!!!! :D
Siggymanx33

Post by Siggymanx33 »

I wouldn't exactly use the term "hijacked" when the forum has been averaging two post a day.
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]There's not a whole lot to respond to, that hasn't already been said Jimbo[/FONT]
joemama

Post by joemama »

I try to post just to see some activity, but it doesnt last. Quite honestly, lately its just plain boring. It used to be enjoyable to see the excitement of someone just getting started, and all the questions and answers/opinions flying back and forth. Seems most of us have our buggies how we want them, or have answered most of our own questions. We need some new blood. Anyhow, I just sent in my 30.00 for one more year, hope its worth it, some habits die hard.
MickeyUSA

Post by MickeyUSA »

I've been trying to do what I can. The Buggy is so many pieces that at times I don't know what to ask.
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

I try to check this site every day. I usually find something to comment on. I too miss the activity that used to be here. We have become so fragmented... I have to check 5 websites just to see whats going on :crazy: I try to stay loyal to this site. I found this one first a year ago and all the information I needed to build my buggy came from the people I met here. I find it interesting no one has bothered to post pics of the Bugy-Out. There were alot of buggy people there. I am guilty as well. I have lots of pics from that event. I will try to find time to post them soon. Hopefully things will pick up.
90volts

Post by 90volts »

scott, I put mine in the event section. well, my link anyway. i found it is too hard to limit to the correct settings to post here in the gallery. here it is again. load of pics for you. the pre-bugout cruise night http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v444/ ... %20cruise/ bugout http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v444/ ... gout%2059/ and any other shows you might have missed pics of that i've been to (sorry, not many) http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v444/ ... ggy/shows/
mel hubbard

Post by mel hubbard »

Im sure you Californian guys can share some great stories,,, like scouting trips to places like Jawbone Canyon,,,, Red Rock Canyon & Mojave etc. Dont give up guys,, its quality not quantity that counts. How about other hobbies to talk about on off topic??? Kite buggies is one of mine,,, nothing quite like the power of the wind blasting you along just inches from the sand / grass with no brakes,,, not done it for a while now,,, but must get started again before i get too old :rock: Or shall i just post up another joke to keep the forum moving??? Got a real crap one about a rabbit :crazy:
skyking

Post by skyking »

Fresno , CA is still here. Currently building a house and working so not much time for web-site but trying. I am driving my Manxter regularly.
5150bossman

Post by 5150bossman »

Kite buggy? Alright! I'd love to see some pics of that. Sounds like a blast!
fubar

Post by fubar »

A friend of mine has a parasail we tow behind his buggy. It gets up to about 200 feet in a few seconds. No way in hell I am going on that ride, but it is fun to watch. Kind of frightening too.
mel hubbard

Post by mel hubbard »

NOW WERE TALKING!! The Parasail thing sounds GREAT :cool: A kite Buggy is a three wheeled (one up front,, two rears) cart thingy,,,with pump up wheel-barrow type wheels,,,and a low slung seat,,, you steer using your feet on two bars linked to the front wheel,,, most guys use big quad-line power kites,,, but i like two line power kites on long lines,, its a bit like having gears,, great fun as the rear end of the buggy kicks into the direction of the wind and you have steer into it,,, bit like a car with the rear skidding out. Baja has some real nice dry lakes,,,well suited. Kite surfing must be big now in Cal,,, never tried that,,, think i would be spending more time in the water rather than on it.
ggarcia321

Post by ggarcia321 »

I've been away for quite a while, but I'm back now that summer is here! :driving: