Blue

Buggy Buddies to the Rescue! Breakdowns, repairs, construction, all things technical.
TMc2548

Post by TMc2548 »

I have a couple of questions. How much of the body is custom and how much is original? What make and model is/was it? Great work. It's a beautiful buggy.
Tominator

Buggy Make

Post by Tominator »

Tom, I'm Not sure what make or body it is as I have never seen one like it .But below are a few photos of one which was on ebay recently that looks similar to what I started out with . I installed side pods which I purchased at the MANXSTORE and also made small changes to almost every panel except the top of the front fenders. http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d99/T ... 4/78_1.jpg http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d99/T ... 4/ac_1.jpg http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d99/T ... C04766.jpg
Tominator

Body Make

Post by Tominator »

Tom, I'm Not sure what make or body it is as I have never seen one like it .But below are two photos of one which was on ebay recently that looks similar to what I started out with . I installed side pods which I purchased at the MANXSTORE and also made small changes to almost every panel except the top of the front fenders Image Image Image
Tominator

Post by Tominator »

Finally finished the wiring with the help of Watson's StreetWorks. Anyone wiring a buggy might want to check out their site : http://www.watsons-streetworks.com/vw.html Image Image
Mvovr

Post by Mvovr »

Man thats the cleanest I have ever seen!!! WOW!!! I love your buggy man it's awesome!!
BuggyFaron

Please Update!

Post by BuggyFaron »

Please update!!! I have not seen anything since 7-21-06. I have had my Buggy at the welder for for a LONGGGGG time, waiting for my custom built front & rear bumper cages to be built. One of those deals...he had a couple of jobs ahead of me, then he got sick. I would be upset if it was not a hobby. On top of that I know he is good! Please Please show us the updates!
Tominator

Post by Tominator »

Finally got it registered last week . Engine in and started today . 4 wheel alignment this weekend .Should be ready for a first drive next week just in time for the first snow . Image Image Image Image
BuggyFaron

Post by BuggyFaron »

WoW That is one awesome buggy! I look forward to more photos soon! Hint Hint Hint
Tominator

Done at long last

Post by Tominator »

Finally got to go for a drive in a Buggy . These things are a gas - just wish I had put in stock rubber rear swing plate bushings an not the urathane type as they squeek like crazy. Also this exhaust is way to loud . Image Image
manx1111pla

Post by manx1111pla »

Wow, that is one sweet ride. beautiful
90volts

Post by 90volts »

going to keep us in suspense? i see it there at the threshold. did it tiptoe out onto the beach after all? very nice job. great styling on that body!
Tominator

Post by Tominator »

90 No beach for this buggy - at least not for a few years . I built it as a street buggy and will be building the next one for beach /fire trails / roads /etc . There are alot of dirt roads in the mountains nearby that I think would be great fun with a buggy.
markmark

Post by markmark »

Wow that is neat! Love your work:clap: Do you have any more pictures of your wiring under the dash?
TMc2548

Post by TMc2548 »

You've done an awesome job on that car. Congrats on getting it on the road.
ralphdjeeper

Blue Buggy

Post by ralphdjeeper »

*****(FANTASTIC)*****Great Pictures of a REALY COOL BUGGY ralphdjeeper #2711