Pictures of my rear bumper

General discussion area. A place to take a break and share your buggy world with others.
Olli

Pictures of my rear bumper

Post by Olli »

Here are some shots of the rear bumper center section that I made. I made it from scratch using 16 ga sheet metal. It will bolt up to the existing flanges that are on the original trombones. And yes, the trombones are painted to match. I painted the lettering the same color as the body. That black is House of Kolor Black Diamond. That clear is not yet polished. It is "as is" "off the gun". Olli Image Image Image Image
allen pierce

Post by allen pierce »

Looks SWEET. Very nice job. I haven't been following your progress, so, may I ask what the "RX" will stand for in your mind? Maybe a prescription for Fun, Fun, Fun?
allen pierce

Post by allen pierce »

Looks SWEET. Very nice job. I haven't been following your progress, so, may I ask what the "RX" will stand for in your mind? Maybe a prescription for Fun, Fun, Fun?
Olli

Post by Olli »

Wow Allen! Right you are! That is exactly what I have been saying. "Prescription for fun!" Except that the RX has a double meaning in that it also refers to the WRX engine. Get it.... Olli
Complex One

Post by Complex One »

Olli, Bumper looks great like everything else on your project and I got the R/X first try you Subi you. I just wish I had that type of background in welding and painting talent as you. Keep up the great work. :hello:
markmark

Post by markmark »

Nice work:clap:
Tom-Kathleen

Post by Tom-Kathleen »

Another custom part for a custom Manxter. Looks great as usual. We were able to buy a piece of curved rectangular tubing when we were out to see the Meyers 2 weeks ago. It is the same stuff the red Manxter in Car & Driver used for the bumper connector. It will require curved ends and standoffs to mount to the trombone parts of the rear bumper for the Subi conversion. Then it will have to be chrome plated and have a cut down rear script attached. I also helped Bruce install a 6 cylinder non-turbo engine into a Manxter for the SEMA show. It has the turbo engine power, without the turbo. It still needed a lot of fabrication work for the exhaust and intake systems, but it was just going to be a dispay car. Down the road it would be fully functional. Tom
Tom & Kathleen Iacoboni
# 1030
Vernon, CT
1968 Meyers Manx, 1971 Manxter S, 1972 KickOut SS (WIP)
Siggymanx33

Post by Siggymanx33 »

Tom, Did he happen to mention which booth it will be at? I'll be there and I'd like to check it out.
Tom-Kathleen

Post by Tom-Kathleen »

No, I don't know which booth it will be in. But it is blue metalflake with no roof. It also has an interesting matching fiberglass storage box behind the rear bucket seats which I had never seen before. Tom
Tom & Kathleen Iacoboni
# 1030
Vernon, CT
1968 Meyers Manx, 1971 Manxter S, 1972 KickOut SS (WIP)
Siggymanx33

Post by Siggymanx33 »

Found the Manxter at SEMA. It was like finding a needle in a haystack. It had a flyer on it saying that Mike Mendeola is going to be building turnkey Manxter S's in 2007...... This is the first one I saw in person and the people at Mendeola thought I was a corporate spy with all of the pictures I ws taking. They ended up letting me sit in it an poke around all I wanted. I'm sold, although it was a bit smaller than I would have thought. People make a big deal about long vs short. It really only felt 14 inches longer......