Free molded carpet kit!

General discussion area. A place to take a break and share your buggy world with others.
domorr

Post by domorr »

Just want to say that I helped Chuck (Yellermanx) this weekend install the capet kit. I am Impressed! Good quallity, great fit. There was enough on the ends to cover even his body lift. Sorry Tom, we did have to use a heat gun to do a little reshaping for that. Any way great product and I know what I'm asking Santa to get me.
90volts

Post by 90volts »

so ho'd you keep it down? glue? tape? velcro for easy removal? just went in perfect? just had to cut the few holes for the seat mounts,shifter , etc? it looks like a real nice kit.
domorr

Post by domorr »

The carpet just lays there! Pedal cluster, shifter, e-brake and seats help hold it in place. We did lift the body on the sides and used a putty knife to push it under the lip.
JThw8

Post by JThw8 »

90 Volts, I just finished my install too and if you want to see it up close Im right across the walt whitman bridge from you. Excellent kit. Nothing needed to hold it in place, its formed well to the pan and the body holds it in place at the edges. The only issues I had with the install were with my buggy not the carpet, just the usual stuff, like messing with the clutch cable when putting the pedals back in and trying to get my body bolts to line back up (I have a full roll cage too so getting everything all aligned and bolted down can be a chore. I was able to do the whole thing as a one man operation. One of the local VW club guys did stop by as I was putting it back together and helped me get that pesky clutch cable back on (which I later screwed up and had to re-do it myself anyway) Probably 3-4 hours total, but I took my time and got interrupted alot so probably even quicker if you power through it. I'm going to sort through the photos and work on my writeup tonite I will post out here when I have that all together. Oh, if I had one complaint its that it now makes the rest of my buggy look shabby in compairason. ;) Its a huge improvement and really makes it look good.
JThw8

Post by JThw8 »

Photos and writeup are up on my site http://www.misfittoysracing.com/Manx/ca ... /index.htm
L0084MC

Post by L0084MC »

I agree with your evaluation of the carpet JThw8 it is top quality. I was luckier when I installed mine, the body was not on and the pedal assembly was out and yes it just fell right into place. about 30 to 40 minutes for mine. yours looks great. And as you said, It is so much different than any other kit on the market. It fits so well that you don't need anything to hold it down. you photo line-up was very informative and detailed. Wonderful job.
domorr

Post by domorr »

I hope this works. Here is Yellermanxs link. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/veiwtopic.php?t=202802
vincent9993

Interested in you carpet kit for my ride

Post by vincent9993 »

What sort of price and shipping am I looking at? I'm located in Canada (J0V 1W0) I'm currently doing a complete resto from the ground up and new carpet are part of the project. Thanks
Vincent Parisien
MC Director - MC 2696
Long Haul League, '69 Kick-Out-S.S., '59 Berrien Nostalgia, '73 Manxter (in progress)
Trips
Olli

Post by Olli »

Vincent, Give Tom from Tijuana Kustoms a call @ 516 338 8746 (he is located on Long Island, NY) His web site is http://www.tjkustoms.com There are some very good photos there along with a detailed installation. See my thread over on the Manxter Forum for my impressions of Tijuana Kustoms. Hint...it was very favorable! The carpet sells for $225. Olli
newmanx59

Post by newmanx59 »

I have had my carpet set out of the box atleast 6 times since I received it, just anticipating the time my knee is well enough to work on my Manx. The carpet sure is pretty. :D