The Dictatorial

General discussion area. A place to take a break and share your buggy world with others.
L0084MC

The Dictatorial

Post by L0084MC »

[font=Verdana]"The members who are paid up with their dues are who controls the site activity." Myself being one of those members I would like to voice my opinion on that statement. [font=Verdana]Well, we all know that's not true don't we. If you make a statement, voice an opinion or just say something he dont like Mr. Manxter10 will delete, Hijack or lock up the thread. I am a paid up member. I was not ask if a thread should be loaked up. As a paid up member would you please give me the number of paid up members that called or emailed you and ask you to lock up that thread. [font=Verdana] [font=Verdana]Websters Dictionary---Moderator; n. one of conservative views and actions. adj. reasonable, mild, calm, not extreme. [font=Verdana] [font=Verdana]Your actions are not that of a moderator sir. Your actions are that of a dictator with a mission to police this wibsite with an iron hand. You sir are dictatorial. [font=Verdana] [font=Verdana]My father once told me " The gift of power don't make a _____ out of a man. He is already a _____, it just brings it to the surface." [font=Verdana] [font=Verdana]I made the statement in a post (if it has not been deleted or hijacked) that I would respect Winnie's wish and see what happens. Also that I might have some concerns if someone scattered and deleted threads and posts. I do not have the power to challenge you nor the desire to argue about it. [font=Verdana] [font=Verdana]With that being said, I will move on. Good luck to the club.
Siggymanx33

Post by Siggymanx33 »

What thread did Manxter 10 lock up?
5150bossman

Post by 5150bossman »

Larry, please don't jump to conclusions. None of us can know fully the things that go on behind the scenes. Sometimes we make rash decisions based on that information (as I have done a time or to, and regreted it later :x ). And threads being hijacked is just part of human nature. Not something done on purpose all the time, just the natural progression of a conversation. Often, I find that a conversation has changed topics before I can say what I had in mind. And yes, it drives me :crazy: . If you want to see a board run with an iron hand, keep an eye on The Samba. Threads locked for even the slightest reasons the moderator's don't like, most of which I could never figure out :confused: . If I am reading between the lines right, the end of your post sounds as if you are moving on from the Manx Club to other things. I wish I could talk you out of that, and in to giving the new version of the club a chance. I don't like to see anyone walk away upset. This should be a place for learning, teaching, and comerodery :drinking: . I feel that if we don't like something enough that is happening on the thing we care about, then we should try to change it to make it better. Maybe you would be interested in running for one of the board member spots when they open up. In any case, good luck with what ever choice you make.
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

I am with Larry on this one..............if 200 more people want to vent their concerns about the lack of performance of the Manx Club site, they should be able to "have at it." What's the harm? It appears that Joe the Moderator will not hesitate to "speak" for the webmaster (There is one item that we can each do to help the webmaster weed out the unwanted names on the member list), and also for the Administrator (I am going to put the lock on this thread until such time as when the administrator has solved the problem or when he decides that more information is required form the members); who are these people, and why can't they speak up for themselves? I have no problem in supporting the fact that some of those on the steering committee have chosen to remain anonymous during the transition process. I do have a problem, though, with Joe the Moderator lowering his heavy hand at his personal discretion, and the fact that the Administrator has not publically identified himself (Joe referred to the as "he"). According to the section in the FAQs (under Reading and Posting Messages) on this site, the Moderator is defined as such: Moderators oversee specific forums. They generally have the ability to edit and delete posts, move threads, and perform other manipulations. Becoming a moderator for a specific forum is usually rewarded to users who are particularly helpful and knowledgeable in the subject of the forum they are moderating. Joe, forgive me for being so blunt here, but I would not describe your recent actions as being "particularly helpful and knowledgeable." You completely chopped up my most recent thread, you said that it contained "rants" (I am still patiently waiting for you to tell me which particular statements you were referring to) and you most recently locked someone else's thread for no apparently valid reason. Here is a suggestion: take your finger off of your hair trigger, my friend (giving you the benefit of the doubt).
newmanx59

Post by newmanx59 »

I'm fairly certain the post the "locked Thread" that pushed Larry over the edge, is the post in which Larry complained about having to include his Manx Club membership number in his posts to aid the webmaster in identifiying members in good standing. I made a comment that Larry evidently took the wrong way, because he rebutted with a post aimed at me, in which he called me various inconsiderate and untrue names. My thoughts are that Joe locked the thread to prevent me from making a retaliatory post which I'm absolutely positive I would have made, If I could have, consequently the locking of the thread gave me time to cool down and rethink the situation. I ended up PM'ing Larry an apology and an explaination which Larry still hasn't taken the time to read. I think there has been way too much complaining and whining about the direction everybody percives things are moving. I don't think "venting concerns" is helping anything except getting the post count to increase. I am content to sit back and see what's happening. When it's all said and done and I don't like the way things are going and I can't help make the changes needed, I will evaluate weather or not I want to continue with my membership or not. It's that simple. Give them a chance, answer the questions as needed and see where they take us. Like I said, When it's all said and done, If you don't like it, leave.
mel hubbard

Post by mel hubbard »

[QUOTE="newmanx59"]I'm fairly certain the post the "locked Thread" that pushed Larry over the edge, is the post in which Larry complained about having to include his Manx Club membership number in his posts to aid the webmaster in identifiying members in good standing. I made a comment that Larry evidently took the wrong way, because he rebutted with a post aimed at me, in which he called me various inconsiderate and untrue names. My thoughts are that Joe locked the thread to prevent me from making a retaliatory post which I'm absolutely positive I would have made, If I could have, consequently the locking of the thread gave me time to cool down and rethink the situation. I ended up PM'ing Larry an apology and an explaination which Larry still hasn't taken the time to read. I think there has been way too much complaining and whining about the direction everybody percives things are moving. I don't think "venting concerns" is helping anything except getting the post count to increase. I am content to sit back and see what's happening. When it's all said and done and I don't like the way things are going and I can't help make the changes needed, I will evaluate weather or not I want to continue with my membership or not. It's that simple. Give them a chance, answer the questions as needed and see where they take us. Like I said, When it's all said and done, If you don't like it, leave.[/QUOTE] Jerry, I too feel that the thread was locked to prevent another war of words. And after all the recent 'Cross-Fire' on here who can blaim him? You've helped out many guys on here with buggy issues from what I've seen,, including Larrys 'Steering Wheel Problems' a while back. I've enjoyed reading both yours & Larrys posts, and although I thought your reply to Larrys post did sound a little harsh, Im sure it was NOT intended. Hope apologies are excepted here, and I can continue to read both your posts,, but as buddies. And Larry, Im no Enigma code breaker myself,,, so don't feel your alone, Im sure your far more familiar with these things than me... :o :help:
newmanx59

Post by newmanx59 »

[QUOTE="mel hubbard"]Jerry, I too feel that the thread was locked to prevent another war of words. And after all the recent 'Cross-Fire' on here who can blaim him? You've helped out many guys on here with buggy issues from what I've seen,, including Larrys 'Steering Wheel Problems' a while back. I've enjoyed reading both yours & Larrys posts, and although I thought your reply to Larrys post did sound a little harsh, Im sure it was NOT intended. Hope apologies are excepted here, and I can continue to read both your posts,, but as buddies. And Larry, Im no Enigma code breaker myself,,, so don't feel your alone, Im sure your far more familiar with these things than me... :o :help:[/QUOTE] As I told Larry in the PM. I made my initial post from home at 5:30 am with the intention of detailing the method needed to enter his member number from work at 7:00 am., as luck would have it, our server was down for the entire day. When I came home from work, the thread was locked. In an effort to explain myself. The age old phrase "don't curse the darkness, turn on the light" is actually supposed to be a motivational/self improvement tool, as told to me by a motivational speaker, that my employer paid lots of money, to motivate I and my co-workers. :D. In this case, if you are unsure on how to do something (darkness), use whatever resources are available to help you rectify the problem (turning on the light). It has no inference to a persons intellegence. It is just a tool.
mel hubbard

Post by mel hubbard »

Jerry, I know from the last 2 years of posting on here that your not the kind of guy to upset people,,,,,,, more the kind of fella to help out. Im sure other guys on here know that to be true too. Its good the thread got locked IMO and you had time to chill-out rather than fire back. Its far easier to fire back with 'Bad Vibes' remarks than to hold your hand up and say ''Sorry Buddy, I apologise for any misunderstanding'' which you did,,, just hope Larry can do the same :drinking: Tell me guys, is it ''National Short Fuse Week'' in USA? :confused: :D
flaboyjim

Post by flaboyjim »

I think that it is time to laugh a little - sometimes it will be at ourselves, sometimes at the expense of others... YOU DECIDE!!! All I want is a warm bed, a kind word and unlimited power. Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else. An unbreakable toy is useful for breaking other toys. Any fool can criticize, condemn, & complain. And most do. Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced. Anything good in life is either illegal, immoral, or fattening. Anything that is designed to do more than one thing can't do any of them well. As I said before, I never repeat myself. As long as I can remember, I've had amnesia. Bigamy : one husband too many. Monogamy : same thing. Budget: A method for going broke methodically. Bugs are Sons of Glitches! Car service: If it ain't broke, we'll break it. Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine. Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie!'... till you can find a rock. Doesn't expecting the unexpected make the unexpected become the expected? Don't be so open-minded your brains will fall out. Don't look back, they might be gaining on you. Don't Take Life Seriously, It Is Not Permanent. Don't take life too seriously, you won't get out alive. Ever stop to think, and forget to start again? Every morning is the dawn of a new error. Every time I've built character, I've regretted it. Everyone hates me because I'm paranoid. Everyone is entitled to my opinion. Everyone is gifted. Some open the package sooner. Exceptions always outnumber rules. Exceptions prove the rule ... and wreck the budget. Now, doesnt that feel better??? if not we have lost all hope...