Manx on the Banx

Trip tales and travel stories from around the globe. Share your adventure!
BuggyBob

Manx on the Banx

Post by BuggyBob »

What is it with the moderator for the Samba? Is there a personal rift against the Manx Club? I tried that last year and got blasted.
louisb

Manx on the Banx

Post by louisb »

Its okay if you post event info in the event forum, just not in the buggy forum. I have a post there about the event and it is drawing some interest.

--louis
BuggyBob

Manx on the Banx

Post by BuggyBob »

I just posted our schedule on the samba at 1128am. Lets see how long it takes to delete.
Tom-Kathleen

Manx on the Banx

Post by Tom-Kathleen »

Louis, Vince & Adam - please get in touch with Winnie, she has some news for you.  Tom
Tom & Kathleen Iacoboni
# 1030
Vernon, CT
1968 Meyers Manx, 1971 Manxter S, 1972 KickOut SS (WIP)
surfnc

Manx on the Banx

Post by surfnc »

Hi Tom,

Should we call her today Sat 3/5 or wait till Mon 3/7?

Vince
Tom-Kathleen

Manx on the Banx

Post by Tom-Kathleen »

They are open Saturday AM, but it is probably too late for that, so try on Monday.  Tom
Tom & Kathleen Iacoboni
# 1030
Vernon, CT
1968 Meyers Manx, 1971 Manxter S, 1972 KickOut SS (WIP)
surfnc

Manx on the Banx

Post by surfnc »

I have a call into Winnie, I have not heard back yet. I also need to order some parts.
louisb

Manx on the Banx

Post by louisb »

Vince (surfnc) just emailed me and said he spoke with Winnie and they are coming to the event! Wow, between Carlisle and our event Bruce and Winnie are going to rack up some sky miles. It will be great to meet them.

--louis
Siggymanx33

Manx on the Banx

Post by Siggymanx33 »

Wow...Bruce and Winnie in OBX?  That's pretty special.

Despite the fact that we are already going mid-summer, I don't think this is something that I could possibly miss.

Anyone that's ever had the dream of cruising you buggy down the beach alongside the gentleman that designed or inspired your buggy.  I suppose this is opportunity.

Let me know how I can help.  I haven't worked out the logistics or booked my room, but I'll be there.

A few Pictures to get you excited:

Video:

http://youtu.be/o2Og-heH8Z8

louisb

Manx on the Banx

Post by louisb »

Yeah it is going to suck that my car will not be ready for the event, maybe next year. Speaking of, we need to find a ride for the Meyers. Anyone got a spare buggy they would like to loan Bruce & Winnie for the weekend?

Thanks,

--louis
73SpeedBuggy

Manx on the Banx

Post by 73SpeedBuggy »

louisb wrote:Yeah it is going to suck that my car will not be ready for the event, maybe next year. Speaking of, we need to find a ride for the Meyers. Anyone got a spare buggy they would like to loan Bruce & Winnie for the weekend?

Thanks,

--louis
Louis, did you see this link someone posted on the Samba? 

http://islandcruisersinc.com/ Might be a solution for you and the Meyers... Of course, we should see if we can pay for it for them.. and hopefully they have an authentic Manx.. 
louisb

Manx on the Banx

Post by louisb »

That could be an option, I will check into it.

Thanks,

--louis
Jon

Manx on the Banx

Post by Jon »

So I've got my wife convinced that, spending two weeks, on the outer banks, in mid October, is to die for!  And doesn't "Manx on the Banx" weekend fall smack in the middle of our vacation.  Amazing how these things sometimes fall into place when you least expect it?  Now it's crunch time.  After a real slow rebuild on the '68, I've got to get it repainted, re tired, rewired, reassembled, retitled, and road tested in the next couple of months. 

If the car is done, this will be our first Manx event attended   so

QUESTION: Is there a packet going out, like pre registration forms or fees. Official stuff, or will everthing be done on our first night there?

Last edited by Jon on Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BuggyBob

Manx on the Banx

Post by BuggyBob »

Jon, Good luck on getting your buggy back together. You have plenty of time. The flyers for the event will be sent out in early September. So, in the mean time, mark it on your calender and get to work on that buggy!
louisb

Manx on the Banx

Post by louisb »

I am planning to head up to Nags Head June 3-5 to check out the area with Vince and do some planning. If anyone wants to join us on June 4th, the Saturday, we could turn it into a little prerun. This would be real informal so let me know if you want to join us.

Thanks,

--louis