windshield bracket

Buggy Buddies to the Rescue! Breakdowns, repairs, construction, all things technical.
wildthing

windshield bracket

Post by wildthing »

does anyone know who sells or makes a windshield bracket so i dont have to drill into this brand new pretty frame from winnie. any pros and cons on the matter.thanks .....''wildthing''
tim morgan

Post by tim morgan »

You can get them through Dino,,He is most likely the one that makes the windshield for Bruce,,,,,Give him a call,,Great guy..
tim morgan

Post by tim morgan »

There is also http://berrienbuggy.comThey sell the steering column support kit with the windshield kit,,
ManxRob

Post by ManxRob »

Do a 'Search' from the the Formum page for 'windshield bolts', Garthom had a similar question addressed in a post dated 5-18-2008 Rob
manxdavid

Post by manxdavid »

They're really easy to make or you can buy them here... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MANX-DUN ... ccessories ...or just use some M8 bolts with dome heads. The Berrien parts require drilling the frame.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something." (Plato)
tim morgan

Post by tim morgan »

[QUOTE="Manxdavid;14769"]They're really easy to make or you can buy them here... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MANX-DUN ... ccessories ...or just use some M8 bolts with dome heads. The Berrien parts require drilling the frame.[/QUOTE]Hay Dave your right,,I bought a brace and I all ready had the windshield mounting kit from Dino,So i really never looked at them or the derections,,Thanks,,,My Bad.......
TMc2548

Post by TMc2548 »

I came up with a good way to mount the windshield that actually makes mounting a one man job. Pics available on request.
Dan B.

Post by Dan B. »

Sweet setup Tom! Dan
Gary1719

brackets

Post by Gary1719 »

Tom when you tighten the nuts it pulls the windshield frame plenty tight?
TMc2548

Post by TMc2548 »

Absolutely! I made sure to use nylock nuts and a small amount of blue loctite. They're not going anywhere.
Carltons

Post by Carltons »

I used carrage bolts and ground off enough on oposing sides to fit in the slot . I think I used 3 on each side. Worked great
Gary1719

Thanks

Post by Gary1719 »

Wow thanks for the heads up! Gary
CairoManx

Post by CairoManx »

[quote="TMc2548;14771"]I came up with a good way to mount the windshield that actually makes mounting a one man job. I used 3/8" studs TIG welded to 5/8" flat stock. Mount the brackets to the hood and slide the windshield down over them. Pics available on request.[/quote] Tom, Too bad there's not a simple way to get a patent. The guy on ebay took your idea and is selling them for $45 a set. Besides not having to drill holes in the windshield frame and making the windshield more secure, what I like is how much easier it is to install the windshield. No more holding the windshield with one hand while twisting my other arm backward to reach up behind the dash to start the nut on the top bolt which barely protrudes inside the dash frame, because the head of the bolt is in the windshield frame leg, which splays outward until the bolts are tightened. With your brackets you just install them, start the nuts, slip the windshield in place and tighten the nuts. If you can't get the money, at least you deserve the credit. Good on ya.
TMc2548

Post by TMc2548 »

Thanks for the kind words Nelson.