any one know anything?

General discussion area. A place to take a break and share your buggy world with others.
Gene-C

any one know anything?

Post by Gene-C »

Well I'm sure some one knows something but what i'm wondering is does any one know anything about this buggy. I.E. where to get one, who makes them about how much the kit costs? You get the idea. Image Image
Gene-C

somebody has to know

Post by Gene-C »

This was posted on www.buggyblues.com www.thesamba.com www.dune-buggy.com and the person that posted on my site about it http://www.buggyboys.be/ now here and still no answers. I actually missed seeing that in hot vws. but anyway while we're at it is it on a new beetle frame or older beetle? thanks for any answers and info.
Gene-C

Post by Gene-C »

my guess would be an old style bug frame. If you look at the red one you can see the beam in the front.
smanx57

Post by smanx57 »

I just came back from a Mexican Riviera cruise and I saw one of these in Puerto Vallarta. Looks like a new beetle but like Doc says, there is a front beam. Couldn't see much more cause I was told I was in a restricted area and told to move. Bunch of B.S., the one I saw was also a Dollar rent-a-car.
5150bossman

Post by 5150bossman »

Someone give Dollar coorporate a call and ask them.
Gene-C

found some info

Post by Gene-C »

One of the vw guys here said there was a large article he read and that these are made by the company that use to make the taxi's with the old beetles and that now they are building these and they are built on the new bugs and front wheel drive. Thanks for your help I guess after looking at the pics it is def. a front beam so unless they are prototypes in the pics it has to be on the old beetles chassis.